Monday, January 3, 2011

Lack of Updates :( [Plus random rant about another game taking advantage of Conduit software!]

Posted by Domstang68 | Monday, January 3, 2011 | Category: , , , , |

Well, my latest searches of finding new information have been lackluster if that's a complement. The lack of updates is very sad to me, although after reading the Eurogamer article, I am pretty sure it is for the best. However, I would first like to say that I am reading my comments and I will be adding friends on GE, I will do it on Friday. Secondly, I have hopes for another HVS title. The Grinder is set to release in October of 2011. First, I like the Wii FPS element and the big bro systems get basically an arcade game. Plus, what does this have to do with Conduit? Quantum3. The engine behind the Conduit franchise is the framework for The Grinder, hopefully meaning it will be as awesome as Conduit 2. But enough about The Grinder. Quantum3 is a work of art. You see, a game engine allows for the system to do basic functions, although they aren't basic to us. Things such as lighting amounts for surfaces, depth (z-buffer), these require a good engine to look real. Unfortunately, good engines, as shown by id Tech, require a good amount of PC power to run properly. However, Quantum3 has been specfically developed by HVS :) to take advantage of the Wii limited capabilities. So good in fact, that my school buddy, LonelyCitizen, successfully tricked a friend into think Conduit was going to run on Xbox 360 Hardware. So, I guess the point is:
Write a good engine that is optimized, not resource hogging (Crysis goes here).

Now, I know this was probably a really retarded post, but I wanted to see if anyone even knew of The Grinder, Plus as I said, lack of updates people.

PEAZE!

Currently have 1 comments:

Leave a Reply